Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The search is on...

We have officially started the search for a new home last week.  We saw about ten houses last week and were very disappointed with whats in our price range.  Most of them were "filthy" and my husbands throat closed the minute we walked in.  He is allergic to cats and other small rodents... (Oh, I mean animals).... Some had the strangest smell and because of my "carpet fetish" I was afraid to walk on their dirty carpet because it would soil MY shoes.  YUCK.

We haven't given up hope.  We found one we liked on Thursday but it was gone by Friday.  We waited to see two on Sunday and they were great but each had their positive and negatives.  Both homes are in a new school so we would need to move the kids next year.  But I guess that's okay... still a very good school and bigger.  

One of the homes that we liked had a odd layout, very clean, great bathrooms, NOT my dream kitchen, okay neighborhood and the garage was very small (my husband must have room for his stuff)... but in our price range.  The other was HUGE, had my dream kitchen, great neighborhood but had older carpet and was a little bit out of our price range.    

We made an offer on the larger home and we might hear back today... the smaller one will accept offers until Sunday so we will submit one if we don't get the first.  The smaller home actually emailed me to see if we were interested... I think he likes us!  How could you not!  We are such nice normal people!   

Right after we made the offer on the larger home I woke up with a sense of dread that we wouldn't get it and that we should have offered on the smaller home.

So... I'm a bit stressed over all this and slept very little last night (or for the last week).  I just hope we make the right decision and find a great new home.. where ever it might be...  Keep your fingers crossed for us!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! We are settled a little more today! It's our 3rd week being here...pool got redone today and filled.
    Everything will work out for you guys, things happen for a reason so don't stress. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete