Monday, February 2, 2009

The Perfect Housewife


I have this image in my mind of the Perfect Housewife.  After reading this post from one of my fav blogs.. you get what she is saying.  I feel like everything must be "perfect" and some days are good and some are bad (seems more are bad).  Where do women get this perfect idea of what a "housewife" should be?  God knows my mother wasn't.  Haven't we all seen "Desperate Housewives" or what about "The Real Housewives of Orange County".  Are those women perfect?  NO.  Far Far Far from it.  

Then why do I feel like I must be "perfect"?  Why do I feel like the house should be clean, kids off to school with a nutritious breakfast in the morning, kisses and hugs at the classroom, laundry done and put away, bathrooms sparkly, grocery shopping done, meals planned and cooked, lunches made, pick up the kids on time at school (or don't forget), take kids to activities, do errands, pay bills on time, make sure we have money to pay bills, do my orders, order supplies, take care of myself...

Notice that I'm last on the list of the "Perfect Housewife".  Um... surprise? No.  I think we all put ourselves last after the needs of others.  I know we ALL know that we shouldn't.  I've started to put myself up there on the list more.  But the guilt is always there.  I always fell like I should be doing more... being more... 

I know... all self created.  But it's darn hard being the "Perfect Housewife".   But I wouldn't trade it.

No comments:

Post a Comment