Sunday, February 1, 2009

Goal Update #1

Okay, here are some of my "goals" I wrote a month ago... let's see if I've made any progress

Lose 7 pounds
Nothing budged again.  But I do fill my abs getting tighter.  I was doing a strange pose with my feet up on the wall and my elbows on the ground (got the picture?) in kinda a horizontal "L" shape and I asked my instructor what the strange pressure in my lower abs was.  She said "your abs working".  DUH.  After two kids I'm surprised when they do anything.

Bake more with kids
We made chocolate chip cookies last night and low fat muffins early this week but they helped a bit.  Need to have them help out more.

Eat healthier and cook more dinners
I talked early this week about organic foods.  I still plan on buying more organic and cutting meat out of our diet.  I made Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches this month for the first time.  Also, I started using meat for two meals and I made BBQ Chicken Pizza for the first time.  So in general, I've started cooking a lot more at home.  We use to eat out almost every night.  So I hope to see a big difference in the pocket book.  This next month I'm going to keep track of how much money we spend on food.

Spend more time as a family
We went to a Mountain Bike Race, spent time with Papa and went to Disneyland.  We've started watching more family movies together.  Need more work on this one.

Take family vacation
Looking into planning one for April.

Read more books
I read two books this month.  And started reading a third but it sucked so I tossed it into my pile to give away. The books weren't the best.. but it was fun to read.  I just got two more to read for next month.

Yoga practice
I've been doing Yoga about 3-4 times a week because the kids have been out of school and a few appointments here and there.

Learn to shot my camera in "manual" mode
Nothing yet.  I'm waiting for the summer to start so that I can take a course at the local photography shop.

Do a quilt
Not yet.  I have plenty of scraps but this is still something I'm going to do.  I almost bought a "kit" on eBay but I knew it would just go in a pile right now.  So I'll wait til I have more time.

Okay, so there are my updates on my goals for this year.  I'm hoping for a great February!

No comments:

Post a Comment