Monday, March 23, 2009

Ashtanga

This weekend was my first "true" Ashtanga class in eight plus years... and all I can say is.. I don't think that old class was Ashtanga.  This class kicked my butt!  Truly the hardest class I've ever been in.

I did something to my arms this past week and I suddenly had little strength to drop down from plank into this pose above.  What should be done slowly.. was far to quickly because of my lack of strength.. which hasn't been the case in many months.   So I don't know what was up with that.. all I can say is my body was telling me that it just wasn't going to do it the past few days.

And so when I was in the Ashtanga class... we had to have done about a million Chataronga's. We held the pose above for a very long time but with one foot off the ground!  Hello, there is only so much I can take!  Most of the time I kinda skipped the Chataronga and just went into face plant (however, that's not a yoga pose).

After class I bent to retrieve my shoes and my legs and arms were shaking so badly I could barely move.  

Today my arms, shoulders and rib cage is sore.  But the old legs are working fine.. considering I couldn't even hold a simple warrior two without shaking like I was 80 years old.

Because my ego.. I'll be back.. and my new goal is to be able to do 80% of the class with ease.  Darn ego is at it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment