Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Makeup


I've never been one to wear makeup unless its "date night"... but I was taking a good look at the old face recently (after the dimple in thigh episode last week) and I'm beginning to want to avoid looking my age.  

My MIL died a few years ago from complications from a major face lift... and that has stuck in my head.  Even though I would love to have a boob job!  I really don't want to touch my face much (well, maybe a chin implant).. but not really.  I would be happy with a boob job being the only plastic surgery I'll ever need.  But I'm scared to death of dying on the table and my kids will grow up without a mom because I wanted some nice boobies.. kwim?

Anyway, back to my point.... makeup!  Sorry I've been getting distracted lately in my thoughts.  My makeup consists of a few pieces from Clinique.  And I would say some of them are "vintage" Clinique.  Which we all know... you shouldn't keep "old" makeup.   

So I went over to Target and checked out the makeup aisle.  I found a fantastic line of products from L'Oreal called Bare Naturale.  And you've probably already know what I'm talking about.. but I felt like a first time teenager looking at everything.  It has been that long!  

So last night for my husband's birthday party.. I thought I would spice up the ol'wife face.  I put on my new makeup and was pleased with results... but I couldn't put my finger on what made me look better... was it my new mascara or the yummy smooth face powder or the glimmery eyeshadow that took me a few minutes to figure out how to get it out of the container or the new shiny lip gloss!  

So I went and asked my husband how I looked... of course, there is only one right answer (kinda like the "does my ass look big in this" question).. and he said my skin looked really smooth.  SO that was it!  My skin took on the youthful appearance it use to have! And I think the mascara and shadow made my eyes pop!  And the lip stick didn't hurt much!  So I'm sold! I'm going back for a few more things that they were out of... and I'm going to get me some more of that "fountain of youth" they call "makeup".

No comments:

Post a Comment