Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Taxes


After my uplifting post yeserday... today is tax day for me.  The dreaded day that I put off all year.. until the final moments.  Well, not really the final moments.. but as long as possible.

I can't believe how many people wait until April 15th and 11:59pm and rush to the post office.  I'm not that bad! Honestly!

But we are both self employed and one of my many titles (besides wife, mommy, housekeeper, shopper, etc...) is accountant.  So I do our taxes every year.. and every year I tell my husband we need to hire someone.  But we don't.  Most of the work is keeping track of everything and putting it in the spreadsheet.  The easy part is putting it all in the tax program.  Why should I pay someone hundreds to do the easy part?  So that is why I hold the title of accountant for yet another year.

Which brings me back to this year.. I actually had most of it done early this year... but I'm dreading the numbers at the top of the program.  Will they be RED or GREEN?  Red means we owe uncle sam.. and green means I'll be having a party doing some on-line shopping!  Just kidding!  Unfortunately I KNOW that there will be a red number up there... but what has me dreading it so badly... is how big will that red number be this year?  

Now you know why I dread tax time.  :(  So if I don't post tomorrow you know I'll be under a pile of tissues.. or eating the BIG box of brownies I just got at Costco.  



No comments:

Post a Comment