Friday, April 3, 2009

Vegetarian?


Six years ago I was a vegetarian.  I did not eat poultry, beef or pork (or any other meat) except sushi!  Of course!  I was a vegetarian for five years (I think)... 

I've been considering becoming a vegetarian again.  Don't get me wrong... I love a big juicy steak.  And I did the south beach diet and lost a ton of weight after my son was born (during my non-vegetarian years).  I feel like I must chose between pasta and a big juicy steak and pasta is winning.  

It's mostly for health reasons... I think my body is healthier without meat.  I'm not acting on an animal activist point of view.. however, I see their point.  I won't give up sushi so I think the official name will be Pescatarian.  There are six different types of vegetarians.  

Now a vegan doesn't eat any animal products or by-products.  Which would include cheese and yogurt.  And even though I'm lactose intolerant.. Don't ask me to give up cheese and yogurt and most importantly ice cream.  Life is way too short for that.

People always say, "everything in moderation" and I always wonder... what is moderation?  

No comments:

Post a Comment