Friday, June 12, 2009

This is what I should be doing...

So this is what I should be doing right now....

But instead I'm:
  • Reading all 200 of my blogs on reader
  • Sighing and staring at the wall
  • Eating
  • Watching TV
  • Doing errands that I hate
  • Cleaning (which I really hate)
  • Doing work that doesn't need to be done
  • Obsessing on what NEEDS to be done
I must admit that I did clean out my filling cabinet two days ago. And I did get more storage boxes at Staples. And I did register the kids for school. BUT I'm not packing.

Suddenly I have a overwhelming feeling of dread and apprehension. What if we don't like our neighbors? We've discovered that one of our neighbors has a rock band in his garage... Need I say more? What if I don't like our new community? What if I don't like our new grocery store? What if Target is too far away? Do I have to change the kids doctors? We are only moving 25 minutes away... but we have lived in this area for over TEN years... I don't like change! You probably figured that out by now.

I have tremendous guilt in pulling my kids out of their school and familiarity. My son was kissing his wall last night saying "I love this house" and my daughter has trouble making friends and has finally gotten a BFF... now all that is changing.

I could only imagine how great my anxiety would be if we were still moving across the country... but right now... 25 minutes feels like across the country. I'm not being reasonable.. I know!

Please pray that I find the "will power" to pack some boxes.... soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment