Monday, June 1, 2009

Tiny House

Just when we thought we would have to live in one of these!!!  102 sq ft!!!  We found a great house!  In a great neighborhood!!  With a great school!  It is older but was recently renovated and will do just nicely!

Lets back up a bit... On Saturday we were licking our wounds after two houses had fallen through.  We thought we would have to scale back and go to a much much smaller home.  We looked at some that were 1000-1200 sq ft... man, they were small.... so when we got back in the car after looking at one that we could "live" with.. my husband asked if I wanted to see one in another city.  

Back story on this house:

He had seen a sign but had only called the owner.  Keep in mind that he hadn't seen it and I was very apprehensive about looking at it because he had indicated that I might NOT like the neighborhood.. and trust me I had seen some neighborhoods that HE liked but I would NOT live in...  I admit it.. I'm a bit of a neighborhood snob, and an appliance snob, and a carpet snob... etc... etc... got the point!  

Anyway, We pulled up and they were still doing some work on the front and the neighborhood was okay... and we had just caught the owners as they were leaving... again fate... and we quickly went through the house and checked out all the work they had done.  The whole time I'm thinking this is way out of our price range... I WISH I had spent more time looking.  As we were leaving I told him it was nice but we can't afford it.  He told me the price and I started laughing hysterically.  No way!  We put in an offer that night after driving back by to make sure it wasn't a "mirage".  They don't have any other offers but I won't let my self breath until I sign on the dotted line.  But its perfect for us!

Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

And get this!  When we got home we were offered the smaller home I talked about previously.  AND we so "thanks but NO thanks"!  HA!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh So exciting!!! I hope you guys get the PERFECT house for you!!! :) Let me know when you hear something ok??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been tagged...see my blog!!

    Let me know when you hear back.

    ReplyDelete